When we purchase any brand new laptop from any store its performance is quite good. However, after certain period of time its performance starts to degrade. Any laptop user can easily sense such depleting performance. A few of the symptoms, which you may face due to degradation of system performance, are listed as follows:
- System takes comparatively long duration of time to boot
- Simple process such as switching between applications causes unresponsive system / application
- File transfer process takes excessive amount of time
- Repeated failure of system on
All of the above mentioned symptoms happen due to variety of reasons; some of them are detailed as follows:
- If laptop hard drive is partitioned into number of partitions then there is a possibility that it may reduce system performance. This basically happens because system needs to perform lot of tasks for fetching files and folders.
- In beginning files and folders are saved in organized way. But, later they start getting saved in fragmented way. In order to open or modify file (that is fragmented) system need to apply lot of effort.
- One of the other reasons for degradation of system performance is due to creation of number of junk files over system hard drive. Junk files get created over hard drive on different locations such as temporary files get created over “C:\Users\Username1\AppData\Local\Temp” whereas recent files get created over “C:\Users\Username\Recent”. As the size of these files keep on increasing system performance degrades at an alarming rate.
Some of the simple techniques which you can apply to boost system performance are:
- Try to keep number of hard drive partition as less as possible
- Empty Recycle Bin on regular interval of time
- Follow below mentioned procedure to delete Temp files:
- Click on Start button and write “RUN” in search box
- Open run application
- Write %temp% in search box and click “OK”
- As you click on OK button it will open folder which is containing temporary files.
- Select all the files and press shift delete key
- Follow bellow mentioned procedure to erase Recent files:
- Select Start button and open RUN application in the same way
- Within RUN application write %recent% in search box and click “OK”
- Next, select all the files and press Shift Delete key
If you follow above mentioned process then you may not face any problem while working on your system.