Recovering RAW images from SD cards is actually easy when you have Remo Recover software installed on your system. You can effortlessly recover RAW files from SD card in a Mac styled interface. The graphical user interface of the software is simple but yet powerful to carry out this task. The tool is designed specifically for recovering files from all types of hard drives. The characteristics of the software are as follows.
Features of Remo Recover Mac
- Supports all kinds of memory cards like SD card, XD card, CF, SDXC, SDHC, SDIO etc for recovery.
- It supports different types of RAW images such as X3F, ARW, PEF, CR2, CRW, RAW, etc and supports all cameras such as Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc.
- Retrieves data from different storage devices like flash drives, memory cards, internal and external hard drives which holds RAW files.
- Safe and effective recovery process where the tool reads the disk in read only format thus there is no chance that it may affect or alter the data on it.
- Provides ‘Preview’ option to view the scanned RAW files and you can also “Save Recovery Session” to save a huge amount of time.
Steps to Install Remo Recover
Connect the SD card on your system from which you want to recover your RAW files. Then install Remo Recover on your Mac computer and choose “Recover Photos”. Now it will list you a number of drives from which you want to get back your data. Choose the SD card and select “Next”. This will scan the entire memory card, takes some time and finally displays results with the files and folders on the screen. You can then preview the images and confirm the correctness of data and opt for recovery. For saving them to your disk, you need to activate the full version software.
Some Causes of RAW File Deletion
- RAW images along with the original images that are deleted accidentally or intentionally from the micro SD memory cards and data loss due to formatting the micro SD card by clicking the format button accidentally.
- SD card damage or error which makes the memory card inaccessible. This may be due to the improper ejecting and insertion of SD cards. You have to make habit of ejecting the SD cards safely.
- Abrupt turning off of the SD cards while there is any active file transfer will result in data loss and certainly ends up with your RAW images in it deleted.
- Data corruption which forces the user to delete all the contents in the memory card.
- Deletion of data due to power outage or voltage fluctuation when the device is in use by any media causes deletion which includes RAW files.
Under all such scenarios, it is going to help you without considering the causes of deletion. It is only able to make it successful because it understands the concept behind the working of hard drive which stores and deletes the data. Thus it is able to recover it by finding its path and gives your valuable file back to you.