Most of the computer users today are preferring thumb drives as a backup device, as they have lots of benefits compared to others. Now, let us see some benefits of using thumb drives over the other storage devices
- Very light weighted device
- Helps in quicker data transfer
- It is compatible with all the operating systems including both Windows and Mac
- Serves as a backup device and is less prone to damage because of absence of moving parts
Because of all these attributes, thumb drives have become a well-known device in these days. But, yet we lose data from thumb drives due to some reasons
How data loss occur in thumb drives?
- Most of the people often remove their thumb drives from the system randomly without following the correct procedure. Ejecting thumb drive from the system in non-safer mode when it is in use can cause data loss
- Many users use cut and paste method to transfer their files from thumb drives to computers. If any interruptions like sudden power outage or abrupt ejection of thumb drive from the system can result in data loss
- Since thumb drives are used on multiple computers, they are easily prone to virus attacks. If your thumb drive is severely affected by harmful viruses, then it may become inaccessible
- Formatting the thumb drive without data backup, accidental deletion of important files while erasing unwanted files, file system corruption, interruptions while changing file system, deletion by third party tools, bad sectors, etc. are the other reasons behind data loss
Tips to avoid data loss:
- As a safety measure, always have one or more copies of your important files. So that, even if you come across any data loss problems, then you can easily retrieve them from backup copy
- Every time you connect your thumb drive to any system, scan it with efficient anti-virus program to get rid of virus related issues
- Always use Safe Remove option while you eject your thumb drive from any system
Recover data on thumb drive with Remo Recover tool:
If you are the one who is looking a solution for a query like how to retrieve data from thumb drive after facing any of the data loss problems, then here is an excellent solution for you. In such cases, just make use of Remo Recover program to easily recover data on thumb drive within couple of clicks. Try the demo version before going to activate the software. Demo version is equipped with advanced scanning algorithms, using which it scans your entire thumb drive and recovers all your missing or deleted data in few easy-to-execute steps. After the completion of scanning process, it allows you to preview recoverable files in File Type View or Data View. If you are satisfied with the result obtained, then activate the tool and save the recovered files at your desired location
Key features of Remo Recover application:
- Demo edition comes out with advanced feature “Save Recovery Session” that saves your valuable time while running its complete version. Because you can save the recovered files using “Open Recovery Session” option without performing rescanning again
- Supports data recovery from almost all major brands of USB devices such as SanDisk, Transcend, Kingston, HP, Samsung, Sony, etc.
- It can be adapted on all versions of Windows OS including Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows 7, Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10, etc.
- Data from pen drives, external hard drives, memory cards, FireWire drives, and other devices can be recovered with this tool
- Recovers more than 300 types of files such as Microsoft Office files, images, audio files, videos, games, system files, .apk files, and many more